Men's Basketball Recruiting

Syracuse commit and No. 9 recruit Darius Bazley named to McDonald’s All-American game

Jim Boeheim and Syracuse will have its first McDonald's All-American in three years.

UPDATED: January 16, 2018 at 9:22 p.m.

Darius Bazley, Syracuse’s top commit in next year’s class, was named on Tuesday to the 2018 McDonald’s All-American game.

The 6-foot-9 forward attends Princeton (Ohio) High School in Cincinnati. ESPN currently ranks Bazley as the No. 9 player in the 2018 class.

Bazley will play for the West team in the game, alongside Oregon commit Bol Bol and Duke commit Cameron Reddish. The top two recruits in the country — Duke commit and No. 1 R.J. Barrett and uncommitted No. 2 Zion Williamson — will be on the opposing side for the East team.

Bazley committed to Syracuse in July and signed his national letter of intent in November. Bazley is one of three current commits in Syracuse’s class of 2018, along with Jalen Carey and Buddy Boeheim.

Syracuse has had four incoming recruits play in the All-American game since 2011. Malachi Richardson was most recent, playing in the 2015 contest. DaJuan Coleman played in 2012 and grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds. In 2011, both Rakeem Christmas and Michael Carter-Williams featured in the game.

The McDonald’s All-American game is being played at the Philips Arena in Atlanta on March 28. It tips off at 7 p.m. on ESPN.